From:
Rick Roller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 May 1999 13:30:50 -0600
Due to lack of vendor interest and support the Ferret Rodeo and Expo has
been cancelled.  At this point, we could go through with it, but there does
not seem to be much for the Ferret Parents to see there.  I guess I thought
more merchants would want to take advantage of this first time event in a
place that has experienced rapid Ferret Growth along with its human
population.

Over 300 letters were sent out to all the big names and little named
vendors around the country and locally.  We did get some great donations
(that are being returned) but not many were interested in showing their
stuff.

I appologize for those of you who were planning on attending.  The
patronage response was overwhelming.  We averaged 50 calls a week since
February about people who from as far as Michigan who were interested in
coming to the event.  But, the cost of the building and insurance were
already hurting our minimal budget.  Plus we recently rescued a couple of
wonderful fuzzies from a home unfit for any living creature.  The vet bills
must be paid before we can play.

Again, I appologize, maybe next year when Ferrets are legal in Salt Lake
County, we can have it there.  Maybe it was the location.  Not to many
people know where Utah is let alone Ogden.  Salt Lake City seems to be on
the map now that we have the Olympics, the Jazz, and scandle after scandle.

Rick
United Ferret Organization (note new address)
668 Union Square Ste 234, Sandy, Utah 84070
The United Ferret Organization is dedicated to the protectection of the
Domestic Ferret and education others about the wonderful companion they
make.