From:
"Howell, Cynthia" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jan 1996 11:05:00 EST
Re:  Pouting
Someone mentioned their ferret pouting.  Oscar is the King of the Bottom
Lip.  When he gets in trouble, we have never had to do any more to punish
him than to raise our voices.  Even "Oh Oscar, I'm disappointed in you,"
gets a big weepy-eyed reaction.  Then he proceeds to follow us around, just
out of sight, maybe to see if we're still mad.  When he's moped long enough,
we apologize in his general direction and he comes leaping out for a big
cuddle.  He's the most adorable thing!

Re: Dizziness
Our cat staggered when she had an inner ear infection.  I don't know if the
same can happen to weasels or not.  I hope it turns out OK.

Re:  Itchiness
The same brilliant and emotional Oscar had a bout of the Itchies.  We
stopped washing his bedding in Tide and no more Itchies.  Just a thought.

Re:  Clumping Litter
We gave up clumping litter.  During a bath I noticed Thistle's toes on one
foot were practically cemented together!  It took twenty minutes to soak the
hardened grit out of those poor little weasel toes.  Apparently, she had
been wandering through the wet shower stall ("Mmmm.  Shower water!") and
then, being a good and proper weasel, jumped into the box to do her
business.  Instant granite toes.  And that's why we stick to the
non-clumping (cheap) litter.

Best to all  four-legged and two-legged folks!
Thistle, Oscar, and Pico
Residents of the House of Wayward Weasels
(and Cindee, Chief Raisin Dispenser and Hammock Washer)