From:
reagan rodney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 May 2004 18:56:20 -0400
We have a 7 year old Rescue named Homie.  He came in malnourished and
weak, from a man who kept him and his brother, Yogi, in the garage with
a heater, and no attention, in rusty, dirty cages.  As you can imagine,
it took this sweetheart forever to learn how to play, and to get used to
people touching him.  (His brother had the exact opposite problem, he was
overjoyed with being able to play with other ferrets, and actually plays
a little too rough sometimes).  Since Homie was so happy to be somewhere
with love and attention, but uncomfortable with human touch just yet, he
would follow my boyfriend and I around constantly.  He would run away if
we tried to touch him, but stay right at our feet at all times.

Today Homie proved that he is well on the path to emotional recovery.  I
was playing a game of "the blanket is attacking me" on the couch with
some other babies, and thought to put him up to see if he would like it.
He immediately joined in, jumping at the blanket and attacking it back
when it "attacked" him.  The cutest part about it was seeing this huge
albino boy (he's gained weight since coming in) laying on his back in
the middle of the couch with his mouth open kicking at the blanket and
jumping on the other ferrets underneath the blanket.  Then, I had to run
outside for something out of the car, which I usually don't leave them
alone in the house, but my boyfriend happened to be at work.  Apparently,
he was scared that I had left him, and as soon as I came back in (he was
laying at the door) began KISSING my feet!  This from a boy who didn't
even like human contact!

Aren't they the most amazing creatures?

Reagan
Stolen Hearts Rescue