From:
Bobbie Daniel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 1993 14:14:04 -0400
Ethan and Ceili and everybody are talking about food so I will
ask my question: I've been feeding Emmett "Mini-Friends Ferret
Chow" (PPP) which he loves. Seattle-area price as of last Friday
was $5.49 US for a 4-lb. tub. It is also sold in bulk so recyclers
can bring their own containers.
  I chose it because, like cat food, it has a poultry base. There
was some other stuff but it was originally designed for mink and
has a fish base and smells like it.
  He's had it for 2 1/2 years. I do not give him as much Ferretone
as I did Shasta because she ate cat chow/kitten chow and this stuff
has vitamins in it.
  I await comments etc.
    Kate Pappas/Emmett Kelly Point-3   [log in to unmask]

p.s. Ed Lipinski of Ferrets NorthWest has a recipe for Ferret Soup
(*for* ferrets--not *of* ferrets!) which he uses to accustom ferrets
to Mini-Friends. He is going to send me a copy which I will post!