Date:
Wed, 22 Jun 2005 13:31:59 -0700
Hey guys, I have a couple things I wanted to say.

First of all, although I haven't belonged to the FML for a long long
time, I do love it so much and look forward to the email every single
day.  I would be extremely happy if BIG (I have no idea why they call
you that!) took a day off and told us about his ferrets.

Second, the organizations that come to my mind for the 5000 big ones
fundraiser are the Black Footed Ferret fund, SOS, and ADV research fund.
Are there any research programs dedicated to finding a vaccine for ECE?
I would personally feel good about donating to this.

Third (ok, a few comments), I wanted to say I am sorry to everyone who
has lost a furbaby.  I cannot bring myself to read all of the stories
because I might cry, but you all are in my prayers and maybe my Fonzi can
welcome the other ferrets.  I hope he likes it up there on the Rainbow
Bridge...

Fourth, I still have a few crocheted eggs for sale to benefit CJ's
shelter in Vegas and Ferrets Unlimited.  There should be a raffle up
soon also.  So email me for prices, pictures etc.  They are made in an
ADV, Parasite, and Smoke-free house.  So email me for more info.

Also, I have a new yahoo group if anyone is interested.  We have projects
of the week every friday, tips from other ferret owners, photo's,
recipes, and much more.  Learn how to save some $$!!

Please join us!
(email me if you can't get in)

Happy Late Father's day!!

I also wanted to remind everyone about the warm weather lately.  At least
it was been hot here.  To prevent heatstroke take precautions:

Don't let you're house temp go above 80 degrees F. Lower is best.

Buy a small portable fan to put near the ferret's cage.

Keep water fresh and cool and available at all times.

Keep ceiling fan on if ferrets are out.

Keep shades closed to prevent sunlight from coming in (this helps so much).

Provide cool, comfortable areas for sleeping.

If you notice any signs of heatstroke (speed-bumping often, weak, etc)
submerge bottom half of ferret in warm, then warm-cool water until he
perks up.

Remember to check on your ferrets often during the heated months.

Thanks
Krista