From:
Heather Draper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 2006 10:52:38 -0400
Woke up to screaming (no, it wasn't me).raced downstairs to the ferret
cage and found Rogue struggling to get his left front foot unstuck from
between the cage bars where the first and second sections meet.  Eased
his foot out from between and felt wetness.  About to totally freak out
thinking that the wetness is blood, I realize that it is urine and feces.
He was so scared he wet himself.

While trying to assess his injury, Scarlet tries to jump from the second
story door that is open.  So, I let all the ferts out to run amuck while
I try to clean Rogue off and look at his foot.  Set Rogue down to call
the Vets office and he disappears while I'm on the phone.  The Vet wants
me to bring him in right away.  However, I have to find Rogue and chance
down the rest of the munchkins.  Can't find Rogue, but I do find Latte,
Stitch, Wolfe and Scarlet in Bun Bun's room.  Usher them out of the NO,
NO room and put them back in their cage.  Raven comes running up to me
as I am doing this and so he gets put back in the cage.  Then panicked
because I still can't locate the hiding Rogue, I start yelling his name.
He actually came to his name this time.  Put him in the pet carrier and
took off for the Vet.

After an exam and x-ray, it was determined that his middle toe (the only
one with white fur) has some bruising and is dislocated.  He is currently
home and playing with items that are stashed under the couch.  Ferrets
are such resilient little creatures.  Thank God because I'm a nervous
wreak.