From:
Tracy Jose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 10:14:57 -0500
>From:    Lisa Goggins <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Ok! So what can I do?
>I have fed my ferrets Marshalls Ferret food since they were born.  Yes,
>they stink.  Everyone runs screaming from my room.  If there is one days
>worth of poop you want to gag!  I love my babies but enough is enough
>this  foods stinks!  I know it is because of the fish!
>So, I bought a huge back of totally ferret a few months ago and low and
>behold the weezils would not touch it!   HELP!!

The same exact thing happened to me too when I tried to switch their food.
What worked for me was....I took a little bit of the TF, put it in a
tupperware bowl with a lid, mixed it up with Marshall's real good and let
it sit over night.  When I put it in their dish the next day...and came
home from lunch...I noticed that they had eaten it.  Mixing the foods
together kind of blended the smells.  I eventually added more and more TF
and they still ate it.  They havn't had Marshall's for 3 years.  They love
their TF (I also mix Eukanuba chicken & rice in with their TF).

Good luck, I hope this helps.  Keep in mind, you might have to do it for
about a week or two before they are accustomed to it.

Tracy J.
Tango, Chico, Roo, Pepe', Spunky & Leah