Date:
Mon, 20 Oct 2003 07:40:43 -0600
Petco again, huh?  Well, I have learned that Petco is not totally without
heart (but close).  In a case where a ferret got burned and thrown in a
dumpster, through NO fault of their own, when one of their employees got
involved (which they didn't particularly like), they did come across with
a fair donation towards the ferret's extensive medical care.  They didn't
have to, but they did.  So, they can be "reasoned" with.

But, OTOH, this sounds like incompetence on the local level.  In light of
the above, I think that if the Petco corporation knew about this, *they*
would change it quick.

If it were me, I would walk in with my digital camera and simply start
snapping pictures (with the flash turned on).  They may have ignored you
the first time, but I bet they wouldn't then.  Even if they complained
or got a bat attitude, I bet the next time you returned, the situation
would be transformed 180 degrees.  You can bet that they don't want those
pictures getting around, especially to the corporate level.

BTW, it probably wouldn't hurt to have a running micro-cassette recorder
tucked in your front pocket or purse.

Just my thoughts on it.

Gary