Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2005 18:26:45 EST
I must tell everyone of the wonderful Angels that came to my shelter last
weekend.For a cage cleaning party.

I'd had a surgery just almost 2 weeks before they were able to come down
here from Ga & Fl.My own local volunteers never showed up.But we had so
much fun,we didn't miss them.Says alot,huh?

These 4 ladies who help Julianna were kind enough to come help me.They
came in & cleaned cages,clipped all nails,cleaned ears,did ear mite
treatments( I do it monthly),changes out beddings & we still laughed all
the time.

Margaret took over the task of clipping all the nails(40) & she had help
of Chrissy with the ears,Karen & Susanne did the rooms.Florence oversaw
everything.  LOL !!  But I have to tell this,Susanne has the skin that
ferrets who never bite just have to sample out.Sweakers bite her good &
left bruises.But then as she's hanging fresh hammies in a cage,Zues,who
never bites,decides she has tasty skin & latches onto her calf.  Now,
Susanne never flinched,just said "Ouch" & looked around to see who could
get the teeth from her leg.Karen with her shy wisdom.Very quite lady.Very
loving.Alot of the kids likes her.

We(Jimmy & Margaret) were able to build a table of sorts to get the cages
up off the floor which makes for easy cleaning.And more play room.I was
even told I had a nice set up for the kids.

And my sweet friend,Phyliss was able to come up.Haven't seen her in 2
years.And then she drops a pet taxi on Florences head !!!  Alot of
laughter & freindships were made that weekend.

To all you ladies,you'll never know just how much I love each one of
you,or how very Blessed I feel by your help.Awesome.

Dooks,
Sandi
Heaven Scent Ferret Rescue/Shelter
http://fuzzyslave.tripod.com
If you can;t adopt,how about being a sponser to a needy ferret?