From:
Jaclyn D Vanderhoef <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 May 1997 20:54:45 -0400
Oh boy, there's always something crazy going on with my two little monsters.
I really screwed up my ankle about two years ago and still have a lot of
problems from it.  So, I have this old knee sock that I filled about 3/4s of
the way up with rice and tied off at the end.  You can put it in the
microwave for two minutes and it will be nice and warm for a good while.
Well, the cat always enjoys it, he cuddles up with it and goes to sleep.
The ferrets did too, but today, they decided it was alot more fun to play
with.  The drug it all over the room playing tug-of-war with each other and
then just bounced up and down all over it.  I guess the rice made for
strange footing.  Anyway, they had a ball with it and it seems to be a great
toy (w/supervision in case they break it open).  And it made an absolutely
hilarious scene.

For those of you who mailed me, Trevor has had no problems whatsoever from
his tooth.  Thank you for your responses on that and the clumping litter.

Kif still doesn't cause any trouble although he is getting a little rougher
in playing.  I think it's because of how rough the cat plays with him.  Any
thoughts?  He isn't too rough just noticeably different.

Another question.  My roommate's cat was diagnosed with feline herpes.  The
ferrets haven't seemed to by affected by it.  Are ferrets able to contract
this virus?  If so, what should I, if anything, do about it?  The cat has
been here for almost 4 months, although he was just now diagnosed with it,
so the ferrets have been exposed for quite a while.

Jacki
Kif and Trevor