From:
"Dr. Deb Sell" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 2004 06:06:23 -0800
A year ago we got a 5 year old fert who came to us from a home that no
longer had time for him.  He was kept in a small cage for days on end.
At our house, he is out at least 1-2 hours in the morning and the same in
the evening...he has a big play room full of fert toys and hidey places
all to himself (he does NOT get along with our ferts as he has been alone
just too long).  He really enjoys his play time.  BUT he has always been
a fabric eater since he has been with us.  No doubt leftover from his
confinement days at previous owner.  Over the course of a week, he will
eat most of a t-shirt (bedding).  I always take out what he starts
nibbling on, but cant always catch him.  I keep him lubed up on laxatone
for fear of a blockage.  So far, so good.  Is there any way to stop this
short of taking all the soft comfy things out of the cage/play area?  Or
is this just a long learned habit that we are not going to be able to
break??

thanks
deb and harley