From:
Peg Francisco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 May 2005 08:57:51 -0400
Regarding the Ferret Store - of course they are in it for the money -
they are a BUSINESS!  Doh! ....A business with a superb track record in
donating and supporting the ferret community again and again.  I think
their efforts to educate about the dangers of these products should be
commended.  I suspect the profits off of these items are miniscule
compared to the overall company profits - I doubt that selling/not
selling these items will make a significant impact in their bottom line.
But when the next uneducated ferret owner goes to the web site and sees
that these may not be so good for their ferret, that owner can make an
informed decision, and may begin to think differently about raisins,
cheerios and other ferret junk food.  I see this as one more way of
educating - thank you Ferret Store!

Sure makes more sense to target the producers of ferret junk food, as
well as educating the public (which the ferret store is trying to do).
If people want to buy this stuff, there will always be somewhere to find
it as long as it is still being manufactured.  Let's eliminate the source
of the problem, rather than bashing companies that support ferrets!

Stepping off my soapbox now :-)

Peg Francisco
President, Ferret Education and Resources of Toledo