From:
Charles Meredith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Oct 1996 13:10:24 -0500
Don't give up on the poor ferret.  I used to have a pair of british ferrets,
brothers by blood.  I notice right away they were going to be harder to
break-in than american ferrets.  Santana was always biting my toes, and
walking inbetween feet, Genesis like to bite my nose, and not let go.  My
heart sink deeply when they were about 6 months old, and Santana bit a 4
year old girl on the eye brow area.  she didn't do anything wrong at all.
My husband quickly took him away and stuck him back into the cage, I wanted
to throw the ferret accross the room.  Luckily, I guess for me, the little
girls parents were still there, and they didn't make to big of a deal of the
ferret biting their daughter.  Point being that these two ferrets
dissappointed me many times, but I managed to get through it.  They were 3 &
4 years of age when they passed on from illness, but I wouldn't trade in
those fur balls for nothing.  They did eventually stop the biting.  when
they were younger, and used to wrestle a lot, I couldn't stand the noise,
fearing that someone was being destroyed.  So I would go for a walk, and
they were asleep when I got back.  Many times after Genesis' biting my nose
stunt.  I was shaking mad, and wanted to toss him, but I'd put him back in
the cage, and find something else to do.  Just the sight of him after a bite
incidence would start my hands shaking.

Sorry to ramble on, but please... don't give up. God brought him your way
for a reason.

Joan Meredith and 3 fuzzies--Dallas
                             Alex
                             Quazimoto-Boarder