Date:
Sun, 27 Feb 2000 10:54:24 -0800
I have been following Bob's posts very carefully because I have always
believed that the early alterations of ferrets at ferret mills has
shortened the life span of the animals.

Where are you getting your research from?  Environmental factors?  Please
elaborate more.  I don't know much about you, so that is why I am curious
where this new research is coming from.  It does not matter to me whether
you are a vet or a scientist or what your credentials are, I just want to
know where this information was derived from.  Some of the greatest
inventors have stumbled across information that scientists have missed so
just because one is not a doctor, vet or scientist, does not automatically
exclude them from having some great insight.  I am really interested in
finding out more about this new information.

I have been reading on almost all the lists I get that a particular breeder
had a hob surgically altered to become a v-hob.  The vet apparently told
them that this same hob could still be potent for awhile (that is what this
breeder posted anyway) so this breeder put the hob in the same cage with a
jill and a "mistake" happened.  My question is this, why would you
knowingly do this if the vet warned against it?  Why would you tell
everyone that you are not breeding ferrets any more and then do something
to the contrary claiming it was a mistake?  I would think that an
experienced breeder (or even inexperienced and warned by the vet) would
know better than to try this.  It is very confusing to read about.  If
there are breeders out there with v-hobs, I would like to know how long a
v-hob can still remain potent.  I am not a breeder, but this aroused my
curiosity.  Also, how come most vets I know of wont perform this surgery?
Is it particularly dangerous to the ferret?  Just curious is all.

And finally, Marley goes in for descenting on Tuesday because of his
impaction.  I am freaked out by all of this!  I have heard so many bad
things and risky things about this procedure that scare me.  Please keep
Marley in your thoughts that day.  I will keep everyone posted on the
results.

Keep fuzzy!