From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Dec 1996 10:27:44 -0500
>From:    Stuart & Susan Wenzel <[log in to unmask]>
>I'm just curious : do other ferrets picnic, or just the ones who own us?

Rascal, my little one, loves to picnic.  She regularly takes a piece of
kibble and either finds a nice corner in the cage or (more rarely) outside
in the room to munch.  And then comes she comes right back and does it
again, and again, and again.  With all that exercise it is amazing that she
is still a little chubby.  She used to take food from her bowl and stash it
in favorite little corners around the room, but since I've moved three weeks
ago, she hasn't anymore.  Meanwhile, Spike, little miss prissy, only eats at
her bowl.

Rascal and the Sock Drawer
Just want to share a cute little story about Rascal, my nine month old.  I
have a small jewelry armoir (you know, three feet tall, 1.5 feet wide, eight
drawers) which has my babbles and -- in the bottom three drawers -- my
underclothes and socks.  Well, Rascal has discovered ferret heaven in the
sock drawer.  This morning I pulled out a pair of socks and closed the
drawer, but not all the way.  Rascal immediately spied the opening and
dashed across the room.  The drawer above the sock drawer was open even a
little more so that there was only a small slit through which she vigorously
dug for bouty.  She was only partly successful getting her sock, so .....
she then reached for one of the drawer pulls, put it in her mouth and
Yanked!  Victory!  I am so proud of mommy's smart little girl.  But then, I
am also realizing with a sinking feeling that nothing there is safe anymore.