From:
"Cindy C. Sooy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 May 1996 23:52:23 -0700
I have a 4.5 yo sprite who sometimes wheezes when she sleeps.  She's a bit
overweight and I thought that probably was the cause.  Chest x-rays showed
what my vet called "increased interstitial pattern".  She said her lungs
looked like the lungs of an asthmatic cat.  Have any of you had any
experience with allergic bronchitis or asthma is ferrets?  How common is it
and what is the best treatment?

Secondly, all the ferrets I've known or heard of that had cardiomyopathy
were all males.  My vet said that cardiomyopathy is predominantly a male
disorder.  How common is it in females?  Can a female be a "carrier"?  Would
she carry a recessive gene for cardiomyopathy that would make it possible
for her male offspring to develop the disease if dad also has the gene?

Thanks for any information you can give me!

Cindy