From:
Public Relations <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 21:59:41 -0400
HI All-
BEWARE ADV is in NEW ENGLAND!

The very young VT stray ferret who arrived here tonight does prove it.
AND A GOOD REASON for Shelters to have ADV Quicktest kits on hand!  He is
bright , healthy in appearance etc.  Who would ever suspect it?

So while the ferret is in strict quarantione until relocation to a
dedicated ADV + facility we are CLOSED to visitors.  This is for the
welfare of ALL the ferrets.  A Thorough detox will be done over the
weekend.  The good news is-- this is only for a few days.  AND the
shelter is able to remain open.

The bad news is ADV is alive and well in New England!  It is criminal -- we
have a maybe 5 month old male ferret with no tattoos and no sign of illness
to prove it.  Last year he could have been adopted into an unsuspecting
family.

To spare any exposure risks we are closing Ferret Wise for all visitations
until Monday AM.

Thanks for your understanding - we believe full disclosure is prudent!
The officers at Ferret Wise shelter

www.ferretwise.org

SUPPORT ADV TESTING!