From:
Sheila Crompton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 18:03:20 -0000
Tasha Yar and Larry were helped to Rainbow Bridge this morning.

Tasha had been ill for a while but her quality of life had been acceptable
but this morning she was having trouble walking and standing.  The vet
reckoned that the cancer had spread to her brain or she'd had a stroke.
Tasha was about 9 years old.

Larry was a bit lethargic on Saturday but was eating and drinking.  On
Sunday he was just lying still - I was able to give him liquid using a
syringe.  The vet thought Larry was suffering from complete liver or renal
failure, he offered to run tests and put Larry on antibiotics etc but did
warn me that the prognosis was very poor.  I opted for euthanasia, the vet
assured me that I had made the right decision.  Larry was around 6 years
old and had been absolutely fine until Saturday.

I was expecting to have Tasha put to sleep but was hoping against hope
that the vet could have done something for Larry.

Sandee could you please make sure that Tasha Yar meets up with Amanda,
Cameron and Claude they were her friends.  Larry will be looking for Bobby
and Jasper.

Many thanks to everyone who sent condolences about Kurt...

--
Sheila
Bolton Ferret Welfare & N.F.W.S. News Editor.