From:
Helen Andersson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 1995 09:21:01 +0100
Hi,

My older ferret Wilma, has always been a bit of a biter, especially every
time she encounter a new person, it's like she wanna show who's the boss
around here.I dont have any children myself but my sister has three boys.
The first time they got togehter I was very careful and didn't leave them
alone, of course she nipped my sis and brother in law, but she never even
tried to bite the kids( 9, 5 and 3 years old) is like she knows that they
are just kids and you cant bite them.  One time, when we're sitting
outside with Wilma and all the kids, the youngest kid started to chase
Wilma, grabbing here carring her around, I could see how frustrated Wilma
was but she didn't do anything, after he put her down she went straight
up to my sis a bit her!!  Like she was telling my sis: -I know I cant bit
the kid, but you're the mom and it's your responibility to look after the
kid so keep him out of my way!!

Anyway the three kids love my ferrets, funny enough they like Wilma
better that nice, never-biting Tod, I have this little drawings of
Wilma made by them in the ferret room.

Happy ferreting
Helen&Wilma&Tod