From:
Sharon Burbine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 May 1995 19:37:44 -0400
House Bill 295 Made it through the House of Representatives today, Monday May
15, with a favorable vote!  I want to thank everyone personally for all your
help and support!  We are doing what no one has done before in all these
years!

Unfortunately, we're not out of the forest yet.  Our bill is on its way over
to the Mass State Senate.  Rep. Jones thinks it will make its way over to
Senate Ways and Means CommitteeHere we go again!

I will find out definately tomorrow and update you all with committee names
and addresses.

WISH LIST:

ANYONE knows Governor William Weld or knows someone who knows him, please
E-Mail me directly or contact him to start bending his ear on this issue.

All Mass residents, please start calling your State Senators and let them
know about the bill.  Also, it may be a good idea to call or write your Reps
and thank them for their support!

Biggest wish is that our opposition (pet store industry) would smarten up and
work with us to get this passed.  Don't they realize that we shop in their
stores?

Also Note:  A reporter from the AP by the name of  Jonathan Jenkins spoke
with me today on this issue and did an interview.  Maybe we'll get lucky and
hit the national news wires?

Thanks again to all who have helped.