From:
Melody Tomaszewicz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 1999 08:52:25 -0400
Debbie-

You're doomed.  We started with two.  Then I fell in love with a really
cute silver mitt at a show.  Then I fell in love with an albino in a pet
store (really sort of a rescue--she was older, and no one wanted her--she
was a little nippy---our first challenge).

OK, four is enough, lets hold the line there.  Then we met a really sweet
little black sable at a show that was being rehabilitated by a shelter.
She had been abused.  OK, she needed me.  Before we could pick her up, my
husband was asked by a coworker if we could take two that belonged to her
children.  Because of a work situation, they HAD to go.  So we went from
four to seven in one month.  OK!!!  enough is enough!

Our sweetest one tragically died of lymphosarcoma in April.  Even when you
still have six, when you lose one, there is a hole or lack.  Some friends
of ours run a shelter.  They offered us two little girls.  Well, we were
missing Bruno, and one of them was deaf, she needed a ferret experienced
home.  OK, we're up to the challenge of a deaf ferret now, and they are so
devoted to each other.  So now we are eight.

Then we go to Rose Smith's house for the fourth of July.  Well, there are
some breeders there looking for a new home for a litter of kits.  My
husband fell in love with the little boy.  You know, when you look into
the eyes of a ferret, and you know that he is meant for you.... So now we
are nine.

You're doomed.

Melodyt and the nifty nine