From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Oct 1994 11:11:02 -0400
>Does anyone know where ferrets like to be scratched?  i.e. where is their
>f-spot?  Bandit won't sit still on my lap for even a few seconds unless he is
>super exhausted.  If I can find out where he likes to be scratched maybe he'll
>stay a bit longer.
>Luise

They like to be scratched on the backs of their necks, especially between
the shoulder blades.  You have to start by "training" him, since he'll
squirm at first, and he won't understand what you're trying to do.  When
he's in your lap, gently roll him over with one hand into the palm of your
other hand, and start scratching between the shoulder blades.  He'll try to
get away at first (they don't like being rolled over onto their backs), and
let him.  Try it once or twice a day, especially when he first wakes up.
In a week or so, he'll realize that it feels *really* good, and he'll seek
you out, and move around so you can get other spots, like the back of the
head, and that little spot between the ears, oh yess.....

<anon>