Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 1996 17:41:55 EDT
Dear All, (I am trying to post this again as part of it was garbled on the
last post)

(And thanks to BIG for his help and patience in getting this posted!)

I have been a fan of the Ferret Digest for several months.  I love the cute
stories about the fun you all have with your "kids," and am truly saddened
to hear of your loss when they pass over the 'Rainbow Bridge.' Your letters
touch my heart and that, along with visiting the pets stores everywhere I
go, makes me long for a ferret or two of my own.

Recently, I wrote that our family is currently looking to adopt a ferret or
two.  The Georgia ferret shelter people were supposed to send us some
information, but we never got anything; now I can't find their number.  If
someone from the shelter or anyone else has some ferrets they wish to adopt
out, we are sincerely interested.  Ours is a family of three adults, one
teenage boy, and one four-year-old girl.  In the post, our address was
omitted in error/garbled in the message.  Please contact us as soon as
possible if you can help us in our quest.

We can be reached at Compuserve@103056,2011; or write to P.O. Box 33,
Stockbridge, GA., 30281; or call us at 770-507-4594. (Near Atlanta, GA.)

Sincerely to all, Sabrina & Crew

P.S.  Recently there was a post about a white ferret at the Atlanta Humane
Society.  We went there and tried to adopt it, but were told by the manager,
Curtis Fisher, that it is against the Atlanta Humane Society's policy to
adopt out (his words,) "'exotic' animals such as ferrets, opossums, and
skunks, etc." I tried to advise him that our fuzzy friends are not *exotic,*
(even according to GA laws), but he still maintained that the animal was not
up for "private adoption." He had no further comment on the future of this
white ferret, (which by his demeanor did not seem particularly optomistic),
only offered his boss' phone number to call back on Tuesday for more
information.  I mentioned to him that if he could contact the Georgia Ferret
Association (?), there is some type of ferret adoption organization in
place, and maybe they could put the ferret there, but Mr.  Fisher continued
to deny any involvement and told me to call and speak with his boss.  If
anyone else would like to help correct the Atlanta Humane Society regarding
their view of ferrets as *exotic* animals, please call and speak with James
S.  Albertson, at 404 875-5331.  Thanks for your help; together let's dispel
the myths about these gentle creatures.  Sabrina.