From:
Emi Koizumi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 1995 03:30:50 -0400
Hi, all!

I just saw the post from  Lindley A Garner <[log in to unmask]> saying
that she flew thru Salt Lake City with a ferret.  I thought Salt Lake City
was a ferret free zone and that as a general rule you should try not to land
in FFZs.

The reason I'm asking about this is because I'm trying to fly my baby Pekoe
from Japan to Reno, NV.  So far, Delta is the only airline that has given me
a positive response on ferrets.  I told them that I wanted to avoid CA and
SLC and they said avoiding SLC was impossible (it's Delta's hub).

So, my question is, how safe is it to fly fuzzies thru SLC airport?  Do I
have to worry about having her taken away by the Ferret Gestapo?  Was
Lindley's experience in SLC the norm or the exception?

Please respond ASAP as I need to buy my tickets in the next couple of
days and don't want to leave poor Pekoe behind.  I was giving up on
taking her but now I have a tiny hope...

Also, has anyone been able to get airlines (esp Delta) to put it in writing
that they allow ferrets in the cabin?

Thanks for reading.
-Emi Koizumi Asada