Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 07:32:42 EDT
Hi everyone,

I rarely post, but I just wanted to write in and share the great news
with all of you.  Recently,(about a week ago), I started fostering 3
sweethearts from The Ferret Nook in Cambridge,WI.(The people who run
Ferret Nook are wonderful and super nice!!!)Elvis, Mickey and Joey.  Elvis
is a SWEET little boy with BIG curious eyes.  Mickey is a darling lil'
girl who seems kinda shy.  Joey is a very happy-go-lucky lil' girl who
wants to see everything.  Both Elvis and Joey have Insulinoma.  But I am
learning a lot by taking these lil guys in and having more responsibility
with giving them their meds everyday.  They are all adjusting very well
and seem quite content.

We also just recently moved into our first house.  Yay!!!!  So, now the
"kidz" have their OWN room!!  We have 13 fert kids total now with the 3
new additions.  It makes for FUN FUN days.  I love it!  I believe they
are all happy now too, now that they won't have to move anymore and get a
whole room to play in all for themselves.  :) We just bought new flooring
for the room cuz it has hardwood floor and we dont' want any accidents to
happen, so we're going to cover it with vinyl flooring that "looks" like
hardwood.  I'm so proud of the room, thats the first one I show to people
when they come over!!!  <G> We also want to get one of those dutch doors?
(i think this is what they're called).  The doors that are split into 2
parts so we dont' have to totally close the door when they're out and can
keep the top half open.  Does anyone know where they sell these type of
doors or if its possible to somehow make them???  Please email me if you
have ANY ideas.  We looked around the loc!al stores here, but living in a
small town, its kinda hard and haven't had any luck yet.

I have just recently had to start making "duck soup" for the lil guys
also..and they LOVE it!!  They love their Ferretone also!!

We also have 2 new cats (since April) a beautiful Siamese cat named Sammy.
He's 9 and adopted from the local Humane Society.  Then there's chubby
Gator who is 4.  Also adopted from the H.S.  They lived in the same house
prior and we felt we needed to keep them both together and who is really
going to want to adopt 2 older cats at the same time.  They couldnt' be
sweeter!  They sleep right next to each other with their paws around each
other.  Its SWEET!!!!  They don't seem to mind the ferrets too much, they
just sit and watch them.  The ferts don't really care too much about them,
but they leave them alone.  We then have Gordy the guinea pig who is 3 1/2
yrs old.  She's a sweet ol gal, and doesn't take much to care for as she
doesn't really want alot of attention.  (she is very jumpy)

Thanks for reading and if anyone has any good advice on the door question
above or just would like to email(good thing) please feel free!

Heidi and Christopher
*Maggie, Bandit, Gizmo, Sylver, Larz, Midnite, Jaymz, Simon, Zoey, Shadow,
 Elvis, Mickey, and Joey.
*Sammy and Gator
*Gordy