Date:
Tue, 2 Sep 2003 18:13:56 -0400
Ferret Friends,

There is a hole in the fabric of the world where my RinkyDink used to be.
The world is too loud , the sun too bright.  Some of the beauty, grace
and strength has leaked out.  My friend is gone and it seems so unfair.

She was separated from her mother before she was weaned and it damaged
her intestinal tract and her immune system.  RinkyDink only lived a
little over 4 years and because of human greed and irresponsibility
only about 6 months of her life was lived in full health.

RinkyDink was a beautiful little light chocolate/champagne jill.  She
was very sweet tempered and would insist on her cuddle and kisses before
her ham gravy and meds.  We began and ended every day that way.  How will
I start my days now?  How can today end without her?

RinkyDink was also a very scrappy, feisty and tenacious little spit fire.
The first time I met her, she bit the mess out of me.  She could war
dance with the best of the gang.  She fought her disease longer and
harder than anyone thought possible and managed to have fun along the
way.

She leaves behind her favorite toys, a sisal ball, a sisal fish, her
sisters and brothers, Jubilee, Sassafrass, LunaMoon, Blaze,Navidad and
Bonkers and her broken hearted mom and dad.  She takes with her the
precious snowman Santa Claus and her mom's heart.

I bought a beautiful angel for her resting spot and her pop made her a
cross.  There is an antique ferret figurine attached to the cross on one
side and Victorian wind chimes with red hearts on the other.  Her resting
place on earth is as pretty as I can make it and nowhere near as pretty
as where she is right now.

Meeting her at the Bridge will be Frolic, BigFun, NobleMan, Pepsi and
Sterling.

I have half a mind to make a copy of all of her medical records, write
her story and send it to the breeder and pet store responsible for her
early damage.  I wonder if they will even care about the havoc they
caused in this wonderful little life.  Her full story can be found on
the fhl, in the fhl and fml archives.

Karen and the Scruff You Gang