From:
Rebecca McFarlane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 10:42:49 -0500
Hey, Skeeter!!!!  Thanks for the wave.  Now I know why that cloud danced so
hard the other day.  Lotty's pretty cool, huh?  I'll be waving at all of
you!  Hope she introduced you to the other critters that used to own me.
You'll find Blue the cat and Star the Min.  Schnauzer with her, a little
pinto pony--way to many to list.  Tell 'em all I said hi, love them and
miss them.

Leslie: My little Scully wheezes & sneezes too.  I had them all the the vet
because there seemed to be some sort of virus making its rounds giving them
all this sort of thing.  However, even after the antibiotics, she still
sneezes/wheezes.  She's done it since she came to us in October.  Our vet
told me he'd had a white one that did this for a very long time.  He
suggested that we get a humidifier and run it in the room where they are.
Also, make sure there's nothing to irritate their breathing passages.  Such
as smoke, woodburners somewhere in the house, even deoderant plug ins.  I
havent' run ours for a few days and have to get back to it, but noticed a
marked improvement when it is up and going.

Margaret: I've not experienced what your going through.  I know that when
Calvin & Suzy Derkins came, Socks would grab Calvin and try to drag him
off, and Calvin would be making all sorts of noises!  I had to break it up
several times.  Socks has finally accepted him (had no problem with the
girls.  Think maybe he thought his harem was being invaded???).  I know
Phyllis Smith in Indianapolis has had problems with some of hers accepting
newcomers, but she just keeps plugging away and they've finally accepted
each other.  Hang in there.

For all who responded about our cat, Chewie, thank you.  He received a
marvelous card from "the lucky cats" yesterday.  Unfortunately he's still
in the hospital.  I'm waiting to hear how he's doing today.  Yesterday his
temp spiked 105, so he had to stay another night.

Hugs and Dooks to all.

Rebecca & her human crew
Chewie (MAAAAAA--I wanna go home-come get these needles outta me)
Dribble & Sarabi--Mom, where's Chewie?
Tigger-Mama, you bring uncle Chewie home and I won't pounce on him so hard
Socks, Kit, Genie, Scully, Calvin & Suzy Derkins-Hey!  Where'd that big red
cat go that's fun to chase?  Bring him back-mama, quit crying-he'll be home
soon

=======================
Rebecca McFarlane
Secretary
Basic Medical Sciences
School Veterinary Medicine
Purdue University
West Lafayette, IN  47907-1246
Phone:   765-494-8632
Fax:     765-494-0781
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste
good with ketchup"