From:
ADM rachel richard ripley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Apr 1998 12:06:15 -0400
Hello All!
I just wanted to say hello and thanks to everyone's great info.  This is my
first post but I've been reading for a few months.  I just wanted to share
the story about my GUS.  A few months ago I moved into a new appartment
with my boyfriend,TC.  We met our neighbors, who owned a cute ferret named
Gus.  They would let him out ocasionally, and he would run around and try
to nip at my legs.  I was kinda scared of him cause I had only seen a
ferret once, and I was told he would bite.  But I was interested in him, he
would run so cutely around the apartment.  But then My neighbors got a
kitten (we got one too!) and poor Gus was banned to his cage.  They said he
would beat up Baby (their kitten not a human) I thought they were just
playing.  Our kitten Lucy, would hold her own around Gus.  She would hiss
and he wouldn't bug her.  But poor Gus wasn't allowed out.  We would let
him out whenever we went next door, but he wasn't getting the attention he
deserved.  So we decided to ask our neighbors for Gus.  They said sure take
him.  We were so happy.  Now Gus and Lucy are best friends.  She even lets
him eat her can food in the morning and at dinner(She used to hiss at
Baby).  He is a wonderful addition to our family.  We just moved to a new
apartment again, and they're having a blast exploring the new place.  I
just wanted to say thanks to everyone on the list.  I knew nothing about
ferrets when we first got Gus, all I knew was he wasn't getting enough
attention.  We've got alot a valualbe info from this list.  We now give Gus
ferretvite because he eats the same food as Lucy.  And I can also give the
ferret speil when people say "Don't ferret's bite babies?"  Well sorry this
post is so long I just wanted to share my story of Gus.

Rachel