From:
"Holly S. DiMeglio" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jul 1996 09:34:18 -0800
I thought I was the only one who had pets that went nuts over lettuce.  I
have a cat that meows up a storm for lettuce, and a dog that actually
becomes aggressive if you don't throw her the lettuce immediately.  It is so
wierd!  But a neat trick when I have friends over.  I guess I'll have to
offer the ferrets some lettuce and see if they like it too.

Yikes!!  I got pictures back yesterday and what a change in Tequila.  She
actually had a decent amount of hair a couple of months ago, but not any
more.  Poor girl, she breaks my heart.  I've been noticing some peach fuzz
on her hind quarters, don't know if it's wishful thinking or the lysodren.
We're not as good about giving it to her as we could be.  It is so
traumatizing for her and she often breaks open the capsule and starts
foaming at the mouth.  So we lay off for a bit, until she forgets, and then
we start treating again.  Is there an easier way to administer this
medication?  We just hate putting her through this.  We have capsules
specially made that are supposed to be small.  My vet was even impressed
that they made the capsules so small, he said that normally they aren't that
small.  But she's tiny for a ferret to begin with...

I want to get another ferret, but we're waiting until we get back from
vacation.  Kahlua rarely plays with Tequila, probably because she realizes
that she's sick.  Tequila always initiates play, and that seems to be less
and less all the time.  I think Kahlua needs a playmate all the time.  I
will definately be checking at the shelters for my next ferret.  I don't
know where our pet store gets ferrets from, but I am not impressed at all to
say the least.  I think they may be the cow hybred type.  The kits are huge
with big puppy-like paws and faces.  They don't even look like ferrets
really.  Is this normal?  Do they grow out of it?  I'm serious, if you look
only at their faces they look like puppies.  I'm stumped.

Till next time...

Holly (the zookeeper)