From:
Phyl Spy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Apr 2004 00:09:28 -0500
If ever there was a guardian angel out there for ferrets that have no
future, except for life in a shelter or worse, Rose is that guardian
angel.  Every time I hear of an adoption that doesn't go well and the
ferret is returned to the shelter, I worry that this little one might
have lost its only change at a "forever" home.  Then word gets to me
that Rose has taken the ferret in and it is doing well.

Between the adoptions, rescues and fosters that Rose handles, she still
has time to donate bedding or money from bedding to the shelters as well
as to others in need.  I can't remember buying bedding from Rose when
there wasn't a toy or some treats in the package (at no additional cost).
I have even requested custom sized bedding and custom prints and she has
always come through for me.

I have never known anyone with a bigger heart than Rose, so I truly hope
that anyone who has heard anything to the contrary will take this as a
testimonial to one of the greatest ferret ladies I have known.

With all the wonderful bedding for sale on eBay or where ever and the
worthy causes that the funds from the bedding supports, there should be
no controversy between whose bedding is better or who does what with the
money they earn from the bedding.  Competition is healty and it gives
each of us a chance to decide which bedding works best for us.  There
are enough ferrets out there needing bedding where all the manufacturers
should be able to have a "piece of the pie" to support whatever cause
they are working for.  So, let's keep shopping for the bedding we love
and continue helping these great ladies support their causes.

Phyllis M. Spy
Massachusetts Ferret Friends, Inc.
A non-profit organization dedicated to education, outreach and shelter
to benefit the domestic ferret