Date:
Mon, 31 Mar 2014 02:25:00 -0500
Hi everyone! I don't post on here much but I do read it. I've been on
here as long as I have had ferrets. That has been maybe '95 ? (BIG ?)
[I show '97 but you may have changed addresses without me catching. BIG]

I have learned so much from this list through the years. Yep I was one
of those people who bought a ferret and knew nothing about them! I also
was one to do a lot of research on them too by reading the FML and
Ferret Central. I loved this little ferret named Ben so much I got
another ferret and named him Franky. They became fast friends but they
looked like they were fighting sometimes. No blood though. And they
would come back for more! That is how I was introduced to ferret
wrestling.

As the years went by, my ferrets went to the Bridge and I got more
weasels. Now, as of last Saturday I was down to one named Socks. I
knew his time on earth was ending soon. Insulinoma and lymphoma he was
suffering from. In his prime, he'd chase a ball around the house with
his nose and make me laugh so hard! Drop his favorite rubber ducky in a
basin of water and that little smarty figured out how to scoop it out
again without getting wet! As time went by he started slowing up. Those
back legs weren't working well and he just seemed "bored"? He did lose
his cagemate Elmo last summer. A vet checkup confirmed insulinoma and
his glands were large. Now he is on pred. Socks lasted till last
Saturday when I thought he'd had enough. All he did was sleep, poop,
and eat soupies. I'd noticed the last few days he would whimper once in
a while like he was in discomfort. So I did the brave thing and helped
him cross the Bridge Saturday morning at the vets office.

I have an enormous hole in my heart now I keep wanting to check on him
sleeping in his sleep sack or give him his meds and soup. I have no
ferrets now. Don't know if I will get anymore. It is just so hard to
let them go. I love these little critters. Maybe someday .......

BIG.....will you unsubscribe me?
[Guess I have to if you ask, but I'll wait till this FML goes out. BIG]

Susan
At the Bridge--Ben, Franky, Buddy, Jeep, Squeak, Honey, Fang, Elmo, and
Socks