From:
Sandy Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Jan 2002 08:02:10 -0600
>I discovered that the arms of the couch were separate boxes, tacked on
>to the main body of the couch, but being hidden where no one sees the raw
>wood, there were holes between them.

Roger,

I had to giggle..  our little darlings have done this not once..but
twice..  the first time they got the love seat..  we took it outside and
have had it hauled off..  then we moved the sofa in with a piece of
plywood across the seat so they couldn't dig..  yeah right..  lasted 3
days..

Hubby, Mike, is in the final design and build stages of my ferret couch..
a bench built on a box with solid wood on 3 sides open on the back so
i don't smush anyone after cleaning..  eye rings in the inside of the
bench so i can hang hammocks..  and holes cut in the front so the little
darlings can crawl in and out..  and we're going to hang tubes from some
of them too so they have a maze inside the bench..  cushions on the top so
i have a place to read at night and play with the munchkins..  this way
they won't have to strain themselves to get to litteboxes they'll be under
the bench..  it will be nice and dark and cozy like a couch inside and
they'll have all the comforts of home..  hammocks, tubes, ferret sized
holes, and plenty of blankets inside to tunnel in..

Mike only rolled his eyes at me a little when I told him how I wanted it..
we have a sandbox in the family room for them..  and he bought the sand..
ahhh..  obsession thy name is ferret :)

See y'all in Las Vegas..

Sandy, Mike and the Adams Family Ferrets