From:
NetFerret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 2000 17:06:23 -0400
Hi Folks,

I have a 5yr old female spayed ferret with a persistant swollen vulva.
No hair loss as of yet.  I took her to my local vet who treats numerous
ferrets.  I immediately suspected adrenal gland disease, but I called my
vet anyway and he had me bring her in.  He believes that is probably the
problem as well, but said it is hard to confirm and he doesn't have the
equipment to do an ultrasound to even do that.

I used to keep Dr. Wayne Turner's at the Animal Clinic Northview's
information on hand for such things, but he has left to work evenings for
an emergency care center.  I have put in a call to talk to their current
ferret vet there, but I thought I would send this out to see if anyone else
out there has recommendations on experienced ferret vets in the Cleveland,
OH area.

Thanks.

Todd, Snickers, Kimba (has symptoms), and Duchess