From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 19:45:32 -0500
Well, with a bit more cleaning up there actually is a tattoo on Seven.
We're giving him time instead of rushing non-essentials so will look more
closely later.  Very likely MF given what blue-tattooed ones are most
commonly around here.  Fortunately, we've personally so far had excellent
health in the MFs we've had -- normal old age problems but otherwise pretty
well the same as any others.  Hopefully, that pattern will continue.  He
acts quite young, and cleaned up his coat looks very young, he's naive
about toys and normal play so part of the behavior may only be that, but he
could be as young as one or as old as three -- so 2 years plus or minus a
year (the typical ageing range with strays -- though normally you'd expect
his amount of dental damage to be in the older range and his coat and
behavior in the younger).  Tomorrow his dental cleaning and extraction of
the broken stuff will be done so after he feels better about having anyone
near his mouth afterward we can have a better look-see at his enamel.
He'll also get a thorough ear cleaning tomorrow while under and his first
CDV vaccine, and temp.  The tar is all off him now.