From:
Mary Rogers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 13:47:31 -0500
Sue wrote
>"But the "older" (two and up) ferrets are often just as fun, have often
>already been litter trained, taught not to chew on cords, are through that
>kit nippy stage (or have been taught not to bite by dedicated shelter
>folk), and certainly need homes as well."

I agree whole heartedly!  We adopted 8 all at one time (won't do that
again, all at one time that is) from a shelter ages 2-6 and other than
trying to get everyone to get along (actually getting Chico to get along
with all of them...) and let them get settled in to our routine, it was
great!  I love that part about being over the kit nipping stage (which I'm
going through right now).  I think for first ferret owners that is a great
way to go and can always get a kit later.  They are soooo happy to have
more love, attention, play time, treats, etc.  than what they got at the
shelter.  Not to say that all shelters are overcrowded and the ferrets
don't get as much attention.  But there's two of us to smother them with
whatever their little hearts desire (except for too many treats, of
course -- they don't like that part, especially Harley).  Just my "12"
cents!

Mary and The "12" Munchkins
Chico-the-Meany, Sadie-Lady, Daisy-Mae-Dook, Harley-kins, Wheeler-Bear,
Bootsie-Little Girl, Summer-Sue, Emily, Fruity, Buffy-the-Ferret Slayer,
Ollie-Poo-Bearish, and Funny-Face.  Rowdy and Tunny-Bear waiting at the
Bridge.