From:
BELMONT COUNTY RACEWAY PARK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jan 1998 09:16:45 -0500
Hi guys!

Awhile ago I posted to you about Patches.  She was the ferret who had a
benign bone tumor removed from her jaw, then the jaw broke and she had
another surgery to remove the broken bone.  Well up until last week I was
still hand feeding her but the vet had me cut her feedings in half and offer
her hard chow.  She has begun to eat the chow.  I'm so thrilled it nearly
brings me to tears.  I watch her jaw daily to make sure it doesn't pop out
of place.  Cross your finger for us.  Next week I'm only supposed to feed
her soft food by hand once a day.

We were concerned that she might start to lose too much weight during this
time.  Patches must have been concerned too because she has started putting
on weight.  She obviously will not stand for being hungry.

Thanks to everyone who posted to me during that time.  I will let you know
how it goes.

Barb and all our fuzzies