From:
Florence Love <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Feb 2012 08:52:49 -0500
This isn't ferret related, but I'll be making a trip to New York City
to attend the TEDxTeen conference with two very exceptional teens from
my church youth group. We are looking for a host family, and of course,
I would be thrilled to have one that had ferrets. We will be flying in,
so some transportation will also be needed, or at least close enough
to use public transportation. Not a lot of experience with New York,
so will need some experienced guidance. I do live in Atlanta and am
familiar with MARTA trains, but not what is available for New York.

Please read the letter below that was written by Miranda that she will
be sending to several of our churches in the New York area, and also
check on the link at the bottom for more information regarding this
conference.

If you can help, or know of someone that can, please email me at

Thanks,
Florence Love

P.S. Depending on how well I pack, if you shelter or foster ferrets,
I can also bring some bedding from the Crafty Weasels.

                     --------------------------

Hello there!

My name is Miranda Baker and I am a YOUer at Unity North Atlanta Church
in Marietta, GA. My sister Taylor and I have been accepted to go to
TEDxTeen, a positive thinking conference, where we will watch TEDTalk
videos and live speakers, as well as divide into small groups to spark
deep discussion and connection. We will be coming to New York for the
conference March thirtieth through April first with our chaperone,
Florence Love, who will be attending with us. Are there any members in
your congregation who might be open to hosting us?

The conference itself is free, but our acceptance tickets do not cover
airfare, food, or lodging. We have done some preliminary fund raising,
and will most definitely be able to cover plane tickets and food, but
we are hoping to cut hotel costs from our budget. We do, however, have
a small monetary love offering set aside for a host family if we find
one. We hope to attend church on Sunday, and my sister and I will be
happy to visit your Y.O.U. group, if one is established at your
chapter. Thank you for considering us. Please respond as soon as
possible; as the conference gets closer, it is harder to find lodging.
We appreciate your time and effort. Namaste!

~Miranda Baker

~Taylor Baker

~Florence Love

P.S. If you are interested in the conference itself, here is some more
information: http://tedxteen.com/