From:
Dan Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 07:53:09 -0500
This is a little long, it's just that I am so excited we found one of our
ferrets who has been missing for several days and I want to tell you all
about it.

I wanted to let everyone know they should keep an eye on their ferrrets
behavior, especially if you are missing one of your little babies.  Sunday
night my wife and I realized we hadn't seen Joshua, one of our 5 free
roaming ferrets, all day and became concerned.  We pulled what we thought
was the entire house apart plus we called the local animal shelters, vets,
pet stores and neighbors and posted signs in the neighborhood under the
theory he may have sneaked out some how.  Well we had pretty much given
up hopes of finding him alive, since we hadn't seen him in 3 days.

This morning as we were getting up and gettting ready to travel to our
families houses for Thanksgiving I noticed one of our ferrets acting a
little hyper and what I at first assumed was playful in one of the rooms
in our basement we don't use all that often.  As I started playing with
him (that's usually what he wants when he's hyper) I realized he was
scratching and dooking at the couch in this room.  When I reached under
the couch I felt a little nose and a little scratch at my hand.  Not
wanting to get my hopes up too much I fully assumed that it was one of the
other 3 ferrets that weren't missing just being playful, but with a slight
sense of hope I lifted up the couch only to find our long lost babie.  As
you can imagine my wife and I are extremely happy that we found him, it
really gives us something to be thankful for over Thanksgiving.

So the moral of the story is play with your ferrets and pay attention to
what they are doing and how they are behaving they may just tell you
something very important.  The other moral is don't give up hope, you may
just find what you are looking for.  One last moral is if you are ever
missing a ferret check EVERYWHERE, even places you have never seen any of
you ferrets show any interest in exploring or playing in, you never know
what is going to interest them.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Dan & Wendy and the happy 5 some:
Joshua (what do you mean I was missing, I knew where I was the whole time)
Toby (I am so happy my twin brother is back)
Sammy (hey let me in the room where daddy broke the furniture looking for
my brother, oh hi Josh)
Sparky (hi Josh, nice to see you)
Doodle Poops (the hero)