From:
Pat Scherschel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Jul 1996 16:14:48 -0400
Hey everyone!  This here's Bubba speaking.  Some of you on the FML have
heard of me before.  My mom told about some of my adventures one other time.
Anyway, today was sort of special because we all got to go outside!  Now we
didn't all get to go at once because you see we're too fast for mom and dad.
So we each got to go out one at a time.  I woke up from my nap first so I
was the first explorer.  Boy, was it ever fun.  I dug in the dirt, slopped
in the dog's pool and basically had a wonderful time until I discovered the
shed and wood pile.  Mom and dad didn't want me getting lost under them so I
had to go inside because I insisted on returning to them every chance I got.

Mooky woke up by this time and it was his first time outside.  I watched
from the patio door and he explored everywhere.  He even wandered around to
the front of the house and the mail lady was there.  Mom had lost him under
the camper and the mail lady helped her find him.  The mail lady is soooo
nice...she asked mom if ferrets were as soft as she had heard.  Of course,
mom didn't miss a chance to show off one of her boys.  The nice mail lady
got to pet Mooky.  Mom told her if she ever sees one wandering lose to let
her know.  Now we have someone who goes all over the neighborhood to watch
out for us in case we make an escape sometime.

Next, it was Emmet's turn.  Now ordinarily Emmet has a pink nose but after
his adventure under the pool deck it was all brown.  Do you think he will
have to get a bath?  Emmet was bad, though, mom was following him around the
pool and he escaped under the fence and into the neighbors yard.  It was a
good thing that they were outside and saw him because mom had no idea that
he had done that.  She had to go all the way around their house to get into
their backyard and by that time Emmet had gone back out the other side into
our yard again.  Mom made him come inside too.  We all wanted back out but
mom and dad were worn out from following us all around the yard.

Weasey was out for a while too, but he is older and doesn't like to walk
around much.  Today, though, he walked all around under the deck and even
around the pool.  He's sleeping now and will probably be zonked for the rest
of the day.  To tell the truth I'm kind of sleepy, too.  Mom and dad don't
let us outside very often because we always try to escape.  Oh well,
yawnnnnnn I think I will find the other two musketeers and take a nice long
nap and dream of what we can get into later on.  Take care everyone.  Dooks
to all.

Love and Kisses,
The Three Ferreteers! ( & Weasey, too, of course)