Date:
Sun, 3 Jun 2001 23:10:25 -0400
I made a big mistake and stopped at PetCo today.

The babies that were there the last 4 or 5 days were still there, and I
think they recognized me.  I was there two or three times this week for
supplies.  I write this with a tear or two because I am sure they will
not fint the home they long for.  The prettiest little sable female was
brought back because she bit the guys toe!

I said "What kind of a person did you sell her to?" "That is a ferret
thing and they are to be loved for it"!

I wish I could afford to take them all home, (Man, am I unrealistic!)
I shudder to think what mentality it takes to buy one.

Do I hear ferret ownership testing?

I guess I've said my piece, through my tears for the little ones, God
bless them.

Dave, the gentle giant.