From:
"Mrs. Duck" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 1997 18:50:19 -0500
>From:    "Ilena E. Ayala" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: A silver lining to the ECE outbreak ?
>I have been reading the posts here on the ECE outbreak at the Washington
>show.  My heart goes out to all those who lost beloved fuzzies.

Excuse me, but did I miss something here?  What the heck are you talking
about?  THERE WAS NO OUTBREAK OF ECE AT THE SEATTLE WASHINGTON SHOW.  I
don't know WHERE on earth you got your info, but maybe you need to go back
and reread it.  This is how rumors get started.  Please reread the FML for
the past few days, and then post a retraction to this statement.  NO ONE HAS
POSTED ON THE FML ABOUT AN ECE OUTBREAK IN SEATTLE AFTER THE SHOW BECUASE
THERE WASN'T ONE.  PLEASE get your facts straight before you post such a
horrible, harmful, unfactual statement again.

In addition, I take it you have never been to a show before, nor do you
belong to any of the National ferret associations.  LOS publishes a Digest
regularly which discusses ECE and it's prevention, as well as any new info
on it in most every issue.  Big Apple Ferrets has BRIGHT GREEN (if you can
miss these you are blind) warnings passed around at every show with ECE info
and contact info.  AFA has talked about it in their newsletter.  All of the
clubs with webistes have ECE info or links to it.  Sanitary precaustions are
taken at shows by judges, handlers and the public against the spread of ECE
and other germs.  If you read my post from a few days ago you will read
about the precautions taken at the Seattle show.  And Dr. Bruce Williams has
been doing ECE research for a few years now.  Your mind is in the right
place- but it has already been done.  Why not go to a show or join a club
and find out more info about these things.

-Mrs. Duck