From:
Caterina Venturelli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jun 1999 08:50:46 PDT
Dear Kind People of the FML ,
I don't know how to express myself right now.  My angel Ferri, my baby, the
hapiness of my home has gone... He just leave me here alone, without his
kisses, without his smiles, without his bright face, without his play.
Right now he is in my arms so cold, I can not belive it is him... Last
friday he was alive, in total health, and today friday again he is not
here anymore.  His toys are here with me, his cage, his bed, his food, his
medicaments, his photographs, his smell is still on my cloths.  The image
of Ferri running around all over the house is present and persistent in my
mind, I remember how he loved to hide and then suddendly reappear , how he
loved to climb to the table and take away all the things that were on
there.

I remember his beautiful color, light sable with a perfect mask in his
face with that beautiful pink wet nose.  Oh God why?  Why ?  I can figure
how are going to be the following weeks and months without him, It is going
to be hell.  He was the cure to all my stressed working days, to all my
conflicts with people, Ferri made everything look shine, there were no
problem that we couldn't have solved together.  We were so happy the
weekends, all the time together.  I can not think of getting other ferret,
they all are so wonderful, beutiful, lovable, but I miss my Ferri,and I
just want to have him.  I feel this deepest pain in my heart and soul, I
would have done everything to keep him, I would have given away every thing
I posses if he only would have stayed with me.  It is not fair, he was just
a child, he didn't lived enought (but more than enought to love him this
way).  Yesterday he even seemed to be recovering, he accepted more easily
the food and the water, the fever stopped all day, his arm was normal (and
I could see in his skyn the place where he was injured because it was
pourple and redish, in fact it was a hit not a bite), he had the spirit
to try to walk and smiled at me several times, I really thought he was
starting to get better.  At midnight he started having problems while
breathing, he was coughing in a very severe way, I called the vet, he
suggested Bissolvon linctus (antiexpectorant) and to produce steam with
Vick vaporub.  He never stopped coughing for 3 hours, he was in my arms he
expelled some liquid from his mouth and then he stopped coughing for five
minutes about, the last five minutes of calm, he was shaking a lot, he
opened his mouth and relaxed all his body, Oh God I knew immediately he was
dying, I tried to make him breath again, giving him air with my mouth and
this made him to release more liquid (phlegm that was in his loungs and
bronchus) but he never came back, never, never, never.... He died for a
respiratory infection, I suppose pneumonia.  At the midght of this mail he
was burried in the garden, in a special place he always wanted to be and
play with the wet soil.  Rest in peace my angel, my baby, the happiness of
my home.  I dind't burried your favorite toy the "duck" with you, I want
to keep it because maybe like this you will visit me from time to time
searching your duck, it is safe here mom has it, and you know mom loves you
and everything that has to do with you.  Good bye my beloved Ferri and wait
for the day we'll meet again.

Special thanks for all your advices, for all your support, thanks toMegan
Quinn, Julie, Josephine and the brafs, Liza, Dumpy, Trulsie and Lucky, Troy
Lynn Eckart, Wendy, Amy Robbin, Gari Holowicki, Matthew Saunders, Debbie,
Margie, Michael Mckinley, Chris, Lynn Siegel ( thanks for the postcard),
Gail and Bob, Clyde, Bonnie Bridge Tender, Paige and Debby and de 7
monsters. Thank you again.

Best wishes to all of you and your babies,
Cathie (still a desperate mom).