From:
trina fleissner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Feb 2012 14:16:08 -0800
Not quite a year ago, Brenda Johnson posted about a ferret who had
been found in the Fall of 2010 wandering the rural roads of NYS, oddly
enough in the area of Marshall Farms. The ferret was scooped up by a
young man who had had a ferret in his younger years. After fours months
or so, they decided they should really look into finding a real home
for it.

After a few e-mails between the Mom and Susann Thiel and the Mom and
myself, the mother decided to release this unsexed ferret to me. Who
would have thought the line that I could visit my son who lived two
blocks over and have coffee with him when I stopped by to get the
ferret would be the clincher. The Mom connection!

It turned out this young female was a whole ferret and about one
week from coming into heat so it turned out. I was in process of
orchestrating a surreder to a shelter in Pa. when I'll be darned if
she didn't steal my heart dooking constantly and snuggling with me
when I sat down to read. She seemed to like to be read to.

Off we went to the vet to get things taken care of...one spaying, one
ear tag removal, we'll be back for shots. She still sports the little
hole in her ear from MF's. "Tag," which soon became "Tagetty Tag" and
any variation thereof, just seemed to be a name that fit.

I didn't really give the fact much thought when Doc asked if I wanted
her spayed and descented or just spayed. Well, uh, don't do any thing
more invasive than necessary. Let's just spay.

Heeeeelloooooo, almost a year later I am reminded of that strange odor
I first experienced in great magnification at the Ohio Rescue. I have
been poofed by my Tag! I have a poofer. I never had a poofer before.

How special I feel.

Feed rescued animals in two clicks
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3