From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Dec 2001 17:07:45 -0800
Loved reading the posts about the bulldog ferrets as I've never found much
information about the different body styles.  I have two (out of seven),
a male and a female, with the bulldog body.  Their bodies are indeed more
muscular and even their bones seem bigger and heavier, on top of short
legs.  I love their waddle, but when it comes to my female, I have to
disagree that that's all she does.  She can outrun all 7 of the furkids,
especially if she hears a forbidden door open.

And speaking of hearing, both of my bulldogs have ACUTE hearing and are
actually noise phobic.  Cleaning day is pathetic, even when I move them as
far from the vacuum cleaner sounds as possible.  While my two biggest are
cowering in a hidey hole, my tiniest little ones are chasing and biting
the vacuum.  (Great excuse for only vacuuming once a week.) They can all
be romping in the backyard and if a neighbor starts mowing their lawn, the
two big ones run for cover and the others continue on with their games.
I've always wondered if this is coincidence or if it is a bulldog trait.
Anyone else ever notice this?  They are also my high strung kids.

Would love to hear others observations about their bulldogs.

Posted anonymously to protect the innocent in CA

[DB]