Date:
Sat, 1 Jul 2000 20:03:38 -0400
I wanted to let you all know that there has been a Medieval Festival in
Lexington, Kentucky at the Horse Park for three weekends (July 2 being
the last day).  This done every year to raise money for the Ravenhearst
Animal Rescue.  The reason I knew about it was from the Horse Park Web
page.  I went and lo, to my surprise they encouraged people to bring
there pets especially dogs and ferrets.  This is still a small event but
I enjoyed the day and wished I had known.  I would have brought my herd
of dogs, ferrets and maybe even the parrot.  I was great fun and it is an
annual event so when I get the word about when they will be doing it next
year I'll pass it on to you all.  So, there is just one more day left and
anyone who is near Lexington and wants to go, it is at the Horse Park off
I-75 on Ironworks Road.  Take the 2nd (campground) entrance and there are
signs once you get there on where to park.  Parking is free but is 10
dollars for adults and 7 for children.  Have fun, I know I did.  Be sure
to leash your animals, if you take them.