Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 2008 10:02:24 -0500
Thank you everyone for your comments. I've had dogs and ferrets before,
medium and big dogs, and they did well together, so I'm truly not going
into this endeavor blindly. Had the dogs first so the ferrets joined an
already dog family. I'm in the consideration stages, been considering
it for awhile now. A small dog could use the ferret door to go out to
the enclosure and a low energy dog would be happy with one walk a day.
I'm sure the ferrets would provide additional exercise for a dog too.

Sunny (lab/britt x) was heartbroken when Gizzie died. That was his
favorite ferret. Scooby was heartbroken when Sunny died, that was his
favorite dog.

It's always a good idea to include all aspects of critter care when
considering adding one, the extra cleaning, exercising, loving,
feeding, vet care, etc. A dog will cuddle, my ferrets will not, a dog
can clean up the kibble the ferrets dump out of the bowl, maybe a dog
could break up the fusses for me, and oh yeah, I can teach them each
ferret's name and when I need someone a dog could go get them for me.
Hmmm.... sounds better all the time!

I know there is at least one dog coming to help out in July so I'll
see how the ferrets do with her.

tle
www.ferretfamilyservices.org