From:
Michael Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Mar 1997 23:01:48 -0600
Here is an update on Yin's first day in his new home.  For those of you who
don't know, Yin is the little St.  Cloud ferret who's humans had to give him
up or face eviction.  Anyway, we picked Yin up at 2:00pm today and put him
in the car for his hour car ride to his new home.  He seemed pretty happy to
see new people at first, but then he started to get nervous.  Once we
arrived home, Yin was introduced to his new sister and brothers (before Yin,
we had a 1yr 2mo old female, a 1yr 1mo old male, and a 3mo old male kit).
He seemed more interested in exploring the new apartment then he was in the
others, but eventually, he started to play with the others.  When it was
time for the furies to hit the sack, we put Yin in his own little cage (my
wife is a vet tech and didn't want to mix the ferrets until Yin was given a
clean bill of health).  He seemed very sad.  I know he missed his humans.  I
just hope he will develop the admiration for us that he has for his prior
owners.  I was give a little reassurance by Yin before I went to bed, he
kissed me repeatedly when I said goodnight.  :-)

Today, with the arrival of Yin, ferret math struck my house again.  In the
past year and 2 mos., we have gone from an apartment with no pets, to having
four little wonderful furry butts.  My wife received a mailing from Star
Ferrets with their national ferret survey results as of March.  It said that
the average household had 4.5 ferrets.  Well, today she got her fourth.  I
just want to know how she plans to get a half of a ferret?  Anyway, I guess
as an accountant, I don't understand how ferret math works, BUT I'm
learning!

Michael and Kim (humans)
     Minnie - "Queen" of the household
     Mr. Bell - "Wow, there is now someone bigger than me."
     Puck - "Oh Boy, a new friend to play with!!!"
     Yin - "I miss Mike and Brock, but I love Michael and Kim."