Date:
Sun, 26 May 2002 09:38:01 -0400
Hi
I have four young ferrets all under a year old.  This is the first spring
that I've had them.  All of the ferrets have shed their coats and my male
as dropped a lot of weight.  I have a female who has also lost weight but
she seems extremely thin to me.  Is this type of weight loss normal in
females in the spring?  My other two girls have lost a little weight but
not so extreme as the one I am concerned about.  She is as active as ever
but I am unsure how much she is eating.  I have noticed that all of them
don't seem to be eating as much as usual because there are left overs in
their bowl the next day.  Throughout the winter this was unusual.

Joanne