From:
"marie i. schatz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jul 1998 21:53:49 -0400
Our local humane society, which does not really have a good reputation
in regards to ferrets has a new director.  I have heard second hand (I'm
not supposed to know) that they have recently put down a ferret that bit
a staff member or volunteer.  I'm assuming it was a stray and the
compendium is pretty fuzzy about a bite from a stray.

What I need is info or samples from shelters, clubs etc. that have
aggreements and whatnot with their local shelters to take to the director.
Also is the compendium on a web site?  They have a new director who I think
will be amendable to help/a plan.  The biggest problem is the animal control
officer who hates ferrets and insists that strays that bite be put down.
Unfortunately the compendium is grey in this area.  Hopefully though we can
set up a "contract" on how to handle surrendered ferrets at the very least
and hopefully also strays.

All written aggreements, etc. welcome!
Mary