From:
JAMIE MITCHELL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 02:22:34 -0800
hi mike,

we have 2 ferts and what we do is wash ALL their bedding at least once a
week, make sure that their cage is clean, (i'm not saying that you don't
clean their cage ,promise!!) and they get bathed 2 times a month.  i
tried the odor stuff from marshalls and we didn't notice any difference
at all.  personally, i think that they just sell that stuff to make
money.  anyways, one thing that has helped quite a bit is when i bathe my
guys, i put a little baby oil or avon's skin so soft in the water after
the shampooing, and it helps for a little while with thier smell, it also
keeps their skin from getting too dried out.  basically, as far as i
know, that's all you can do.  i have had people say that their surprised
that they can't smell them.  seeings how " they smell sooooo bad"  LOL
i think that is too funny.  what kind of litter are you using?  if i can
think of anything else, i'll let you know.  and if there is anything that
i can help you with, please let me know.  there are also some very good
fert sites out there.  one is [log in to unmask] , the ferret
owners manual( i had to go thru ask jeeves to find that one) and alot of
others.

good luck!!!

dooks!!! jamie & the fuzzy crew